Swanson Ultra FemFlora (Last updated: 5/14/2011)
The information presented on this page is for informational and educational purposes only under section 5 of Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994 (DSHEA). It is your responsibility as a consumer to not make decisions based solely on the information provided. The information on this page is not intended as medical advice nor should it be considered as such. The information presented on this page concerns dietary supplements that are not prescription drugs or over-the-counter (OTC) drugs. For more information on product labeling please contact the manufacturer or distributor below.
Ultra FemFlora - Product Summary Review:
If we take a look at Swanson Ultra FemFlora we notice it uses 7 different probiotic bacteria from the Lactobacillus strains. The main objective of this product is to maintain a healthy vaginal tract, flora of the mouth, and the gastrointestinal tract.* These particulars probiotic bacteria help support the urogenital system that produces biosurfactants and maintains a healthy vaginal tract.* The 9.8 billion bacteria in each capsule are specifically designed to help target the urinary tract and help replenish microflora in the feminine body.*
As of 5/14/2011, the following are the active/functional ingredients in Ultra FemFlora:
- Lactobacillus Reuteri – 2.4 Billion CFUs/Colony Forming Units. Uses RC-14 probiotic strain.
- Lactobacillus Rhamnosus – 2.4 Billion CFUs/Colony Forming Units. Uses GR-1 probiotic strain.
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus – 1 Billion CFUs/Colony Forming Units.
- Lactobacillus Casei – 1 Billion CFUs/Colony Forming Units.
- Lactobacillus Fermentum – 1 Billion CFUs/Colony Forming Units.
- Lactococcus Lactis – 1 Billion CFUs/Colony Forming Units.
- Lactobacillus Plantarum – 1 Billion CFUs/Colony Forming Units.
- Other Ingredients – Microcrystalline cellulose (plant fiber), gelatin, may contain one or both of the following: magnesium stearate, silica.
Important: We recommend that you review the Product Label for more details on updated ingredients or contact the manufacturer directly. You can also visit Ultra FemFlora ingredients to get the latest information on the product.
- All-In-One probiotic supplement for women
- Helps the digestive system including vaginal and urinary health*
- 7 multi-strain probiotic strains
- High Lactobacilli probiotic
- Contains clinically tested RC-14 and GR-1 probiotic strains (L. Reteuri & L. Rhamnosus)
- Questionable ingredients at such a very low price for a probiotic product
- The 7 probiotic bacteria may not be ideal due to competitiveness of probiotic bacteria
- Should be more targeted for vaginal and urinary health versus an all-in-one probiotic that helps with digestive health.* Majority of the lactobacilli used is shown to be more prevalent in the vagina.
Swanson Vitamins Ultra FemFlora is all-in-one probiotic supplement designed for women. The 7 probiotic strains used in Ultra FemFlora not only cover the gastrointestinal tract that most probiotic supplements do, but also the internal balance of a woman – vaginal and urinary health.* While most probiotic supplements deviate from digestive health and vaginal and urinary health, we prefer a product that is more targeted to women's health while focusing on digestive health using a different probiotic product. All the strains used in Ultra FemFlora are under Lactobacilli and are the most prevalent in the vaginal and urinary tracts of a woman.